Project Assistant Internship
HTI Catalysts is looking for a Project Assistant to support our network of facilitators on project-based initiatives. This is an as-needed position so flexibility is important. Must be available and accessible throughout project and willing to work weekend and evening hours (when needed). Our style is unique, detailed and thoughtful. If you love the idea of helping to create amazing experiences that build community, leaders, and teams, then this may be a good fit.
HTI Catalysts is a collaborative network of consultants whose mission is to utilize facilitative experiences to shift leaders and communities towards equity and shared visioning that impact change.
The PA position is broken down into two specific job categories to include back-end support and front-end support as follows:
- Correspond with client and team members via email (does not usually include the drafting of the content)
- Setting up surveys via SurveyMonkey or Google Forms
- Versed and familiar with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), technology and online tools such as Basecamp, Google Drive, Dropbox, Doodle, etc.
- Review, edit, proofread, copy and print documents as needed
- Schedule, correspond and coordinate with venues and eateries.
- Set up facilitation events (includes picking up supplies, ordering food and/or setting up/breaking down)
- Assist facilitator(s) before, during and after events with printing, handouts, and room décor
- Welcome participants and make their time with HTI as warm and as easy as possible
- Capture photos and important moments throughout the activity (meeting, retreat, strategy sessions, etc.)
- Record, take photos and type flipcharts notes, brainstorm ideas, resolutions, etc. (anything on the wall) coming out of facilitation sessions.
- Detail oriented (we create experiences so you must have an eye for details)
- Take instructions, but also take initiative (Ability to take instructions is necessary, but we are also looking for someone who can take initiative)
- Good communication skills – Writing, listening and speaking
- Presentation Skills– Should enjoy making things look eye-catching and engaging (whether that’s a PowerPoint, Flyer or Breakfast)
- Organizational skills – the ability to focus on multiple and varied tasks and manage time well.
- Tactical & Strategic – We need you to do the tasks, but have the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Adaptable – The nature of HTI projects are subject to change so adaptability and flexibility are important.
- Personable – We are in the business of building relationships. As a point of contact on HTI projects, it’s important that you are able to connect effectively with all types of individuals and personalities. Important to Know:
The Project Assistant is the glue to HTI projects. The support the PA provides to the lead and the facilitators make their work easier. HTI is “Facilitation at it’s Best” and thus we need a PA at their best. The Project Assistant reports to the Lead Catalyst on the project. The lead varies by the project so it’s important that you can work with various work styles.
Think You’re Right for this Position? We’d love to hear from you.