Aaron Goodson holds a BFA in Theatre and Africana Studies from New York University. As a performer he has toured all over the country and the world performing in productions around issues of social justice, race, and spirituality. He is also a voice over talent and can be heard voicing promotions for the Atlanta Braves. As an educator, Aaron was the Performing Arts teacher at the Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School in Atlanta, Ga from 2009-2019. He is a current School Reform Initiative board member and has been leading and facilitating workshops around educational equity for the past 7 years.
1. What is your favorite destination?
Wherever my family is
2. What was your first car, any cool story behind getting it?
My first car was an older model Buick Lesabre that still had the bench seat in the front. It was given to me by a family member and I called her “Greta the Blue Lagoon”. She only lasted about a month until she gave up the ghost but we had some good rides.
3. What gets you excited about the day?
4. Who was your celebrity crush?
Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle on Saved by the Bell)
5. What’s your biggest passion?
Exploring the human condition
6. Best advice you’ve ever gotten from your mom or maternal figure?
Always keep God first
7. Kroger or Publix?
8. If you were a professor, what course what would you teach?
Role playing and Performance in Everyday Expression or Slavery and its Impact on Modern Society
9. How do you relax after a long day?
Binge watch Netflix with a bag of chips
10. Do you have any hidden talent?
What’s your favorite quote?
“The artist must elect to fight for freedom or slavery. I have made my choice. I had no alternative.” -Paul Robeson