United Way and HTI Catalysts Host Early Learning Equity Summit
HTi Catalysts, a collaborative network of consultants and United Way of Greater Atlanta, hosted Leading from an Equity Lens Early Learning Summit on Saturday, May 18th at the Morrow Center in Clayton County, Georgia. The event brought together approximately 120 early childhood educators, non-profit administrators, caregivers and parents for a day filled with community building, education and information.
The keynote speaker for the event was Dr. Camara Jones of Morehouse Medicine.
There were 5 breakout sessions to include:
- Family Engagement Equity Principles: Atlanta Public Schools in Action
- An Equi-TEA: Celebrating Diversity
- When an Organization Makes the Paradigm Shift: A Case Study
- Books that Celebrate Us
- The Five Protective Factors: Fostering Family Leaders in Action
The Summit went from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m and included breakfast and lunch. When asked what they loved about the Summit, participants shared the following:
- There was amazing dialogue
- I loved seeing the passion for children!
- I love that I felt very represented and included as a Latina woman
- I loved Dr. Jones! She is the real deal